Rio Hondo College Newspaper

El Paisano

Rio Hondo College Newspaper

El Paisano

Rio Hondo College Newspaper

El Paisano

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

Photo Credit: Brandon Nevarez
Offical movie poster for Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes that was released on May 10th.

The movie “Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes” proves to be a strong and worthy continuation of the story that Caesar, the great leader whose effect is still felt in this story, started. Setting place about 300 years after the chaos of “War for the Planet of the Apes,” this stand-alone movie honors the previous movies while also starting over for the series.

With Caesar absent, Noa assumes the role of the principal protagonist, shouldering the responsibility of ushering in a new era. The complex depiction of Noa is crucial to the storyline, as his reimagining of Caesar’s famous slogan—changing it from “Apes together strong” to the more inclusive “No, together strong,” encompassing humans as well—establishes the philosophical and ideological foundation for the trilogy’s future direction.

The video depicts the complex and contentious relationship between humans and apes without reducing their struggle and coexistence. The unwavering commitment to suspense fosters character development and keeps viewers interested in both species.

The flawless integration of motion-capture performances and state-of-the-art visual effects not only convincingly animates the apes with remarkable realism but also enhances the emotional impact of their challenges.

The film’s capacity to address these subjects while providing a captivating and enjoyable narrative is evidence of its well-crafted screenplay and skillful direction.

Ultimately, “Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes” emerges as a captivating and momentous installment in the renowned franchise. While honoring its roots, the movie bravely moves forward, giving viewers a deep and thrilling experience that not only entertains but also makes them think about our society. The future of this new series is full of possibilities thanks to Noa’s direction. It will be a captivating and thought-provoking movie experience that will keep people interested and motivated for years to come.