Loki and Scarlet Witch Series Potentially Making Their Way Onto Disney Streaming Service

With the potential inclusion of the original actors reprising their respectful roles, Disney's streaming service could gather many more subscribers.

With+Disney+and+Marvel+Studios+including+original+actors%2C+this+could+be+the+start+of+a+very+successful+streaming+service.+A+past+project+to+have+the+same+actors+portray+the+characters+on+multiple+platforms+include+Warner+Bros.%27+%22The+Gunslinger%22+but+was+unsuccessful+because+of+the+film%27s+poor+performance+at+the+box-office.+Only+time+will+tell+if+Disney+and+Marvel+Studios+succeed+when+others+have+not.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

With Disney and Marvel Studios including original actors, this could be the start of a very successful streaming service. A past project to have the same actors portray the characters on multiple platforms include Warner Bros.'

With Disney and Marvel Studios including original actors, this could be the start of a very successful streaming service. A past project to have the same actors portray the characters on multiple platforms include Warner Bros.' "The Gunslinger" but was unsuccessful because of the film's poor performance at the box-office. Only time will tell if Disney and Marvel Studios succeed when others have not.

Photo via Rex/Shutterstock

Photo via Rex/Shutterstock

Photo via Rex/Shutterstock

Jaime Aparicio, Arts and Entertainment Editor

Expected to launch some time in 2019, the people behind the Disney streaming service are fully underway to offer fans quality content. A couple of projects that the juggernaut company is developing are original series that will center on Loki and The Scarlet Witch characters from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Actors Tom Hiddleston and Elizabeth Olsen are expected to reprise their roles. Second tier characters are said to get their own series as the streaming service continues.

With Marvel Studios taking over the summer blockbuster season, films such as the first “Avengers” and the recently released “Avengers: Infinity War,” Marvel will continue to produce the character series with President of Marvel Studios, Kevin Feige coming in to oversee the projects. The budget for the series is likely to come close, if not, rival that of the theatrical films and are planned to have six to eight episodes for each show.

Disney is getting ambitious with its plans on competing with other giant streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon. Disney will include shows based off MCU characters, a “Star Wars” live-action series overseen by director and producer Jon Favreau, a new show on “High School Musical,” and a live-action film of “Lady and The Tramp.”

The streaming service will also offer new releases “Dumbo” and “Captain Marvel” after their initial release on InDemand, DVD, Blu-ray, and 4K. Other Marvel shows such as the popular Netflix series “Daredevil,” “Jessica Jones,” “Luke Cage,” “Iron Fist,” “The Defenders,” and “The Punisher” are expected to stay on their streaming service under the Marvel TV banner.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •