Five Ways College Students Can Save Money
November 2, 2016
Most people know life can get expensive, and nobody knows that more than college students. Between saving for school, basic needs, or personal things, it’s hard to prioritize. There are multiple ways to save money at this age, but here are five simple ways to do so:
- Student Discounts- Many places will give discounts out to students if you have your student ID. While this is a bigger element to college towns schools will usually advertise establishments that give discounts out to their students.
- Secondhand Buying- Secondhand buying can be good for getting the same item for a little cheaper. Whether this for books or clothes this a good option for saving some money so don’t be afraid to shop in thrift shops.
- Make A Plan- Set how much money you can spend at a time and make sure you don’t break that plan. Certain payments, like car and house payments, can’t be flexible so make sure you always have enough on the big things and save on the small things. Trying to find more inexpensive options for the similar products can help with budgeting and there apps that can help with this. Aside from big payments necessities, like food and bathroom products, should be at the top of the list and anything else should be treated as an nice afterthought or a treat.
- Save with Coupons- Coupons can help save money on a lot of items people use and now its easy to find them. While there are still coupons in newspapers they can also be sent personally to homes. There are even some apps that will show you deals and some like Groupon will give discounts for going out. Certain stores will even have their own app to show deals in there store, for example Target has their own app known as Cartwheel. Also some places will give you a discount if you sign up with their store card.
- Buy on Sale in Store and Online- When going into any store look for the sale section there you may find some good items for a lot less. Even stores like Forever 21 have sale sections and show how you can get a lot for just a little. Most online stores will not only have sale sections, but discounts can be found for them online. And if you are worried about shipping there are usually codes that can be found for free shipping or a cut shipping price.
Being a college student can be hard, but maybe it can be less expensive with these quick little tips for saving money.