Rio Hondo College Newspaper

El Paisano

The world is wondering: What’s up with Frank Ocean?

Ocean has cancelled two scheduled headlining appearances, Sasquatch! and Hangout Festivals.

Photo courtesy of billboard.com

Photo courtesy of billboard.com

Jonathan Manjarrez, Staff Writer

Frank Ocean has been toying with fans prior to the release of his most recent album, Blonde. Before, Frank released his most recent album it had been nearly four years since Ocean had released any music. Ocean has now burst back into the spotlight after critics raved about his most recent album, Blonde. Now, Ocean is in hot water for his recent cancellation of festival shows that he has been deemed a headliner for.

Frank Ocean will not be performing at Hangout and Sasquatch! festivals. The famed pop singer has recently cancelled both shows due to “production delays.” The Hangout Festival is scheduled to take place on May 19 in Gulf Shores, Alabama. Sasquatch! is set for May 26 in George, Washington.

“Due to production delays beyond his control, Frank Ocean will be unable to perform,” Hangout Festival representatives said in a statement. “He passes on his apologies and hopes to return to Alabama soon.”

Both festivals have managed to replace Ocean with prominent indie rock artists. Hangout Festival managed to replace Ocean with the French band, Phoenix. Sasquatch! Festival managed to replace with LCD Soundsystem.

Representatives for the WayHome, Northside, Flow and Way Out West festivals told Pitchfork that Ocean is still scheduled to perform at their events as originally planned. The statuses of the “Raf” artist’s gigs at the Panorama Festival, Primavera Sound, and FYF festivals are currently unknown.

Frank Ocean has managed to still please fans by dropping music via his Apple Music radio show, Blonded. Notably this week, Ocean has released a new version of his previously released song with Jay- Z and Tyler the Creator, “Biking” and he also released the most anticipated and best song of all time, “Raf” with ASAP Rocky, Quavo of the Migos, and Lil Uzi Vert. Frank shared two versions of the song “Raf,” on which he delivers two different verses and shows off his rap skills.

The enigmatic Frank Ocean always seems to be surprising his fans and keeping them intrigued, while remaining ominous. Ocean can still captivates his audiences and hopefully his recent cancellations don’t cause fans to stray away.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •